Blind Beginnings youth from across BC are invited to this month’s Creating Confidence Youth Workshop, where we will be talking about independence!
We strive for independence on a daily basis whether it be at school, home or with friends, but what does it truly mean to us? Join us at 7:00PM as we talk about:
- What does independence mean to you?
- What are ways you can be independent now
- What are some of the barriers to being independent?
When: Friday February 28, 2020
Where: Join us from your home using Zoom Conferencing, or at the Blind Beginnings office at 227 6th Street, New Westminster V3L 3A5
How this works for youth joining from smartphones or computers: The group will meet in a private online meeting room. When you RSVP to say that you plan to attend online, you will be sent instructions to join the Zoom meeting. You can use Zoom with your computer, or smart phone, and once connected you will be able to communicate with all the other youth participants.
Time: Workshops will take place from 7:00-8:30PM. Youth attending in person are welcome to join us at 6:30 for pizza prior to the workshop.
Why: Because being the only youth who is blind or partially sighted in your family, school, and community can feel isolating, and Blind Beginnings is a place where you can connect with others who understand.
If you would like to participate in this Creating Confidence Workshop, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-434-7243 or toll free 1-866-736-8620 no later than Wednesday February 26. Please include:
- Youth’s name, age, email address, or phone number
- If youth don’t have their own email address, please include parent’s email address so we can send reminders of the meeting and the link to join the meetings online
- If you plan to attend in person or online
- If you want pizza and any dietary info we should know about
We’re looking forward to connecting with you on February 28!