Youth aged 13 – 19 from across BC are invited to this month’s Creating Confidence Youth Workshop, where we will be talking about how to make people comfortable with our visual impairment!
Making others comfortable begins with us being comfortable. Join us at 7:00pm as we talk about:
- Misconceptions people may have about blindness
- What we can do to change those misconceptions
- How to answer questions about our vision
- How to describe what we can or can’t see
When: Friday November 29, 2019
Where: Join us from your home using Zoom Conferencing, or at the Blind Beginnings office at 227 6th Street, New Westminster V3L 3A5
How this works for youth joining from smartphones or computers: The group will meet in a private online meeting room. When you RSVP to say that you plan to attend online, you will be sent instructions to join the Zoom meeting. You can use Zoom with your computer, or smart phone, and once connected you will be able to communicate with all the other youth participants.
Time: Workshops will take place from 7:00-8:30pm. Youth attending in person are welcome to join us at 6:30 for pizza prior to the workshop.
Why: Because being the only youth who is blind or partially sighted in your family, school, and community can feel isolating, and Blind Beginnings is a place where you can connect with others who understand.
If you would like to participate in this Creating Confidence Workshop, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-434-7243 or toll free 1-866-736-8620 no later than Wednesday November 27. Please include:
- Youth’s name, age, email address, or phone number
- If youth don’t have their own email address, please include parent’s email address so we can send reminders of the meeting and the link to join the meetings online
- If you plan to attend in person or online
- If you want pizza and any dietary info we should know about
We’re looking forward to connecting with you on November 29!