Okanagan Family Retreat – November 2, 3, and 4, 2018
Blind Beginnings in partnership with CNIB, is pleased to invite you and your family to participate in our first Okanagan Family Retreat. Families with children with a visual impairment from birth to eight years of age living in the Okanagan and surrounding region, are invited to connect with other families and professionals in Kelowna at our first Okanagan Family Retreat.
Attention Families with children with Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI):
On Saturday November 3, the morning sessions have been designed with you in mind. Starting at 9:00 am until noon, parents will learn about cortical visual impairment, how music therapy could be beneficial for your child with CVI, and how to make family outings meaningful for your child.
Note: The program does not officially start until Saturday November 3, but accommodations are available for families with children with CVI, or families coming from a greater distance, on Friday November 2nd in an attempt to accommodate your family’s needs.
All families with children who are blind or partially sighted are invited for lunch on Saturday November 3, and we hope you will stay with us through to the end of the program at noon on Sunday November 4.
What you can expect:
- A family Community Discovery outing to Arion Therapeutic Farm in Kelowna where your children will get to explore the farm through their other senses
- Opportunities to hear from youth who are visually impaired, and parents of youth who are visually impaired about their experiences growing up with a visual impairment and/or raising a child with a visual impairment
- How your family can participate in sports & recreation when a family member is blind or partially sighted
- Resources and professionals that are available to you and your child as they continue to grow and develop
- An opportunity to meet and network with other parents in your community who are raising children who are visually impaired
Accommodations and meals will be provided to all families at the Green Bay Bible Camp in Kelowna.
If you are interested in attending or require further information, please contact Shawn Marsolais at: 1-866-736-8620 or email email@example.com and please indicate the full name of your child, and an email address for us to send the registration form to. All registration forms must be returned to Blind Beginnings no later than Friday October 12.
Note: Space is limited, so if you wish to participate, please contact us now.