Blind Beginnings is a charitable organization whose mission is to inspire and support children and youth who are blind or partially sighted, and their families, providing diverse programs, experiences, counselling and peer support, and opportunities for them to create fulfilling lives. We envision a world where seeing things differently inspires limitless possibilities. For more information on Blind Beginnings visit www.blindbeginnings.ca
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Salary Range: $37,000 – $40,000 depending on experience (Full time 35 hours per week)
Start Date: August 6th, 2019
Location: Based in New Westminster with some travel required to various locations in BC.
Note: Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends to meet program requirements.
Closing Date: July 15th, 2019
To coordinate the planning and implementation of Blind Beginnings programs for children, youth, and families, as well as assist with other administrative tasks as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and implement monthly Community Discovery Outings & Summer Camp programs.
- Work alongside the Executive Director to deliver content for workshops.
- Work with community partners and volunteers to plan and implement Youth Leadership programming.
- Prepare promotional and informational materials to promote programs and events to members, volunteers, and community partners through email, website, and social media.
- Develop and distribute communications via MailChimp & WordPress platforms.
- Process program and camp registrations and track attendance.
- Complete program summary report after each event.
- Take photos at events and create content to share stories of our impact for our funders, website, and social media.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to coordinate the distribution of marketing and organizational correspondence.
- Respond to calls and emails regarding programs and events.
- Coordinate, schedule, correspond with, and supervise program volunteers and track their participation.
- Prepare program reports for board meetings and reporting to funders.
- Gather feedback from participants to evaluate programs and workshops.
- Purchase refreshments and supplies for meetings and programs.
- Perform other administrative duties as required – processing donations, etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Community Social Services, Child and Youth Care, Recreation or other relevant human services field – an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating programs.
- Tech savvy and proficient in word processing, databases, email, blogging and social media with knowledge of: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, group facilitation, one-to-one support, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks within a reasonable time frame and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to handle interruptions and perform multiple tasks as delegated with the flexibility to easily accept changing priorities.
- Able to follow established procedures and to use initiative and judgment as required.
- Ability to handle personal and confidential information and situations confidentially and with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience and comfort interacting with Individuals with a disability.
- May be required to either possess or be willing to get Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Must provide a clear Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Please submit your resume and cover letter responding to the following question: Why is it important to you to support young people who are blind or partially sighted?
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.