This is an opportunity to enhance the impact of our established and growing charitable organization whose mission is to inspire children and youth who are blind or partially sighted, and their families. At Blind Beginnings, we provide diverse programs, experiences, counseling and peer support, and opportunities to support our children and youth in creating fulfilling lives. We envision a world where seeing things differently inspires limitless possibilities. For more information about Blind Beginnings, visit us at www.blindbeginnings.ca
Position Title: Program Assistant
Term: Full time, Seasonal (summer) with the possibility of extended employment
Salary Range: $14 per hour (30 hours per week)
Location: Metro Vancouver
Note: Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends
Start Date: June 3, 2019 (8-12 weeks with the possibility of extended employment)
Under the direction of a Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director, the Program Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance to the Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director, performs a variety of administrative, coordination and logistical services in support of the operations of the Program, by processing paperwork and answering emails and phone calls. The Program Assistant may perform research, create training documents and perform data entry tasks along with a myriad of other jobs as assigned by Program Coordinator and/or Executive Director or other staff.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide general support during planning and implementation of programs
- Assist with research and bookings of family outings and group activities
- Invite and thank guest speakers who participate in programs
- Track attendance for program participants and volunteers
- Assist with gathering feedback to evaluate programs
- Respond to calls regarding programs
- Purchase refreshments and supplies for meetings and programs
- Perform other related duties as required
- Attend weekly staff meetings where you will be expected to provide updates on what you are working on, and will receive feedback and direction.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Organization and Time Management
- Collaborative team player with tact and discretion
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Strong computer skills – MS Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Administrative and Communications Skills.
- Able to juggle multiple duties and shifting deadlines
This position is funded by the Canadian Summer Jobs Program for a limited term but there is a possibility of employment extension. Because of the government funding this position is open to individuals who are of legal working age to a maximum age of 30.
The successful candidate will be supervised by the Program Coordinator and Executive Director throughout the duration of the placement.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Amy at
No phone calls please.
Closing date for applications is Monday May 20, 2019.