IDEAS for SCHOOL AGE CHILDREN
Card Games and Accessories
Classic Playing Cards
- Braille Uno
- Bingo boards
- Playing card tray.
Dominoes and Dice
- Tactile Dice
- Plastic and wooden Domino sets
- Domino Hub
Tactile Board Games
- Chess and Checkers
- Connect Four
- Tricky Puzzles
- Brain Teasers
- Raised–line drawing boards
- Interactive keychains
- Braille puzzles
- Construction sets
- Bop It
- balls with bells inside
- plastic bag tied around a ball
- wireless beeping units
Craft Supplies and Colouring:
- ‘peel and stick’ foam shapes, glue guns and glue refill sticks, pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks, Velcro strips or circles – Dollar Store *
- SCRATCH AND SNIFF stickers – sometimes a Michael’s or teacher supply stores
- Zipper’– Ziplock bags and the reusable containers with lift tab lids, and Velcro lunch bags
- Tactile Colouring Books – National Braille Factory
- Homemade Screen Board for Colouring
HOW TO MAKE A SCREEN BOARD
1. Purchase the following materials:
- Clip board (office supply shop)
- Screening (hardware store) – There are several different weights of screen – make sure the type you choose will bend readily around the edges of the clip board.
- Duct tape (hardware store)
2. Cover all edges of the screen with duct tape, to hold the screen in place as well as prevent the edges of the screen from scratching your child.
3. Place a paper (regular weight or newsprint) on top, clip into place and start colouring! Don’t for get to put the completed art on the fridge!
If you would like to recommend a toy for our site, please send an email to Shawn.