Blind Beginnings invites youth who are blind or partially sighted 15 – 19 years of age, to participate in our “What Happens After Grad” Workshop!
Where: at our Blind Beginnings office – 227 6th Street in New Westminster.
When: Two Saturdays: June 10 & 17, and Two Thursdays: June 29 & July 6, 2017.
Time: 1:00 – 3:30 pm
Topics will include:
- Career Exploration – Limitless employment possibilities
- How to choose the best post-secondary program for you
- Importance of Networking – cold calling and information interviews
- Preparing for the Job Interview – How and when to disclose a disability
- Accommodations for school or work – Assistive Technology and Funding
The workshop will be facilitated by Shawn Marsolais and Sean Heaslip, and will include guest speakers with varied knowledge and experience. Both Shawn and Sean are registered clinical counsellors who grew up with a visual impairment. They have first-hand experience of the challenges related to attending post-secondary, finding and retaining employment, and moving out of the family home.
There is no cost to participants but you must be a member of Blind Beginnings. New members are always welcome. To become a member visit www.blindbeginnings.ca and click on “Become a Member”. An individual membership is $10.
To register for the workshop, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday June 8. Please include the name, age, and contact info of the youth registering.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Shawn at: 604-434-7243 or via Email at email@example.com