Just a reminder to RSVP for our Virtual Blind Beginnings AGM happening this Saturday June 20! We will also be doing our hoodie draw for those who completed our Connecting through COVID-19 online program feedback surveys. Here is a preview of our very fashionable Blind Beginnings Hoodie featuring an embroidered butterfly logo:
When: Saturday June 20, 2020
Time: 12:30 – 3:00pm
Where: Our Blind Beginnings Zoom Room
If you would like to join us at 12:30 for some informal social time prior to the meeting, we invite you to bring your own lunch and connect to Zoom.
The formal meeting will begin at 1:00pm. The primary purpose of the Annual General Meeting is to review the 2019 financial statements and to elect our Board of Directors. Some special additions to our AGM this year will include:
- A presentation of our 2020 Lori Sheppard Memorial Bursary
- A presentation from one of our Ambassador Speakers
- A summary of the results from our Connecting through COVID-19 program feedback surveys
- An opportunity to hear from you what programming you want to see over the next year
Please note: We will be providing a breakout room for children to connect during the AGM. If you would like your children to be entertained during the meeting, you will require a second device that can connect to Zoom.
If you plan to attend please RSVP to email@example.com no later than Thursday June 18. Please include:
- The names of all family members who plan to attend the AGM
- Names and ages of any children who would like to attend the breakout session during the meeting
- The email address you wish us to send the Zoom links to
The meeting package including 2019 financials, and our Annual Report will be sent with the Zoom links to those who RSVP.
Only members of Blind Beginnings are able to vote at the AGM. You can become a member or renew your annual membership on our website at https://www.blindbeginnings.ca/support/membership-2020/. Your membership allows you to vote at our AGM, apply for a position on the Board of Directors, participate in all Blind Beginnings programs, and be covered under our insurance during your participation in our programs.
If you aren’t sure whether your membership is due, please contact Carrie at 604-434-7243 or toll free 1-866-736-8620, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you on June 20!