Happy New Year everyone!
As the tenth year of Blind Beginnings starts up, we couldn’t be more excited about the wonderful opportunities for growth and celebration on the horizon! One such opportunity is the introduction of a brand new award celebrating businesses that go above and beyond when it comes to ensuring that children who are blind and partially sighted are included in the community.
We’re calling this award the Blind Beginnings Seeing All People Award and it will be presented to a deserving business at this year’s Gala Dinner & Auction on April 7th, 2018.
We’re calling on you, our member families, to submit nominations on what businesses you feel stand out the most. When submitting your nomination, we’re asking you to consider the following criteria:
- A currently active business that operates within our service area of British Columbia
- A business that has made an effort to ensure your child or young adult has been included in everything the business has to offer, and done so independently without having to have been asked
- A business that embodies the attitude of inclusiveness to everyone and that erects no barriers to equal contributions and enjoyment of life by all those in your community
We’re asking for nominations from you and all we’ll need is:
- A written letter or email explaining why this business stands out. Tell us a story about your experience before the deadline of Friday, February 16th, Be sure to include:
- Name of person making the nomination
- Relationship to child or youth who is blind or partially sighted
- Phone/email for person making the nomination
- Name of Business being nominated
- Contact person name and phone number at business
- Reason for the nomination
- Your participation in a short video about the business if your nomination is selected
- Your attendance at our Gala on April 7th to see your business accept their award and celebrate our 10th year working with children and youth across the province.
Thanks to everyone and we look forward to a wonderful year of celebrating Blind Beginnings’ first decade with you!