Call for Nominations
Blind Beginnings Seeing All People Award
We want to celebrate a business that leads by example! Do you know an outstanding business that should be recognized for their efforts in ensuring that children and youth who are blind and partially sighted are included in the community?
We are calling on you, Blind Beginnings families, to submit nominations for businesses that go above and beyond in their efforts to ensure that children and youth who are blind and partially sighted are included in the community.
Nominations will be reviewed by an awards committee, and the winner of the Seeing All People Award will be presented to a deserving business at the 2019 Gala Dinner & Auction on April 6.
Please consider the following criteria for your nomination:
- A currently active business that operates within our service area of British Columbia
- A business that has made an effort to ensure your child or young adult has been included in everything the business has to offer, and done so independently without having to have been asked
- A business that embodies the attitude of inclusiveness to everyone and that erects no barriers to equal contributions and enjoyment of life by all those in your community
Submitting a nomination is easy. All we need from you is:
- A short letter explaining why this business stands out and telling us a story about your experience. Submit your letter by email to Shawn at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of Friday, February 15th, 2019. Be sure to include:
- Name of person making the nomination
- Relationship to child or youth who is blind or partially sighted
- Phone/email for person making the nomination
- Name of Business being nominated
- Contact person name and phone number at business
- Reason for the nomination
- Your attendance at our Gala on April 6th to see your business accept their award.
- Your participation in a short video about the business, if your nomination is selected
Thanks in advance for your nominations! We look forward to another Gala celebrating Blind Beginnings’ successes and presenting the Seeing All People Award!