Blind Beginnings invites youth who are blind or partially sighted 15 – 19 years to participate in our “What Happens After Grad” Workshop
Where: at the Blind Beginnings office: 227 Sixth Street in New Westminster
When: Saturday, June 10th and Saturday, June 17th
Time: 9:30am – 3:30pm
Topics will include:
- Career Exploration – Limitless employment possibilities
- How to choose the best post-secondary program for you
- Importance of Networking: cold calling and information interviews
- Preparing for the Job Interview: How and when to disclose a disability
- Accommodations for school or work: Assistive Technology and Funding
The workshop will be facilitated by Shawn Marsolais and Sean Heaslip, and will include guest speakers with varied knowledge and experience. Both facilitators are registered clinical counsellors and grew up with a visual impairment. They have first-hand experience of the challenges related to attending post-secondary institutions, finding and retaining employment, and moving out of the family home.
There is no cost to participants but you must be a member of Blind Beginnings. New members are always welcome. To become a member visit www.blindbeginnings.ca and click on “Become a Member”. An individual membership is $10 per year.
To register for the workshop, please send an email to: email@example.com no later than Monday, June 5th. Please include the name, age, and contact information of the youth being registered.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Shawn at: 604-434-7243 or : firstname.lastname@example.org