Position Title: Administrative/Communications Assistant
Position Type: Part-time, 21 hours per week
Blind Beginnings is a charitable organization whose mission is to inspire and support children and youth who are blind or partially sighted, and their families, providing diverse programs, experiences, counselling and peer support, and opportunities for them to create fulfilling lives. We envision a world where seeing things differently inspires limitless possibilities.
Salary Range: $20-$21 per hour. This position has the potential to become a full time position in 2020.
Start Date: January 27th, 2020 (negotiable)
Location: Based in New Westminster
Note: Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends to meet program or event requirements.
Closing Date: January 10th, 2020
The Administrative/Communications Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Director and Director of Operations. This position works collaboratively with the Program Coordinator, and our Social Media Strategist and Web Designer to support communications. Over time, this position has the potential to grow and expand as our organizational needs grow. Flexibility can be offered around days of work and hours per day. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day to day administrative support for the Executive Director and other staff
- Support the Director of Operations with financial tasks such as bank deposits, Visa reconciliations, preparing package for Bookkeeper
- Processing and coding credit card payments
- Data entry into Salesforce and Donor Software
- Support the Fundraising Committee with taking minutes of meetings, attending events to process transactions, assist with event preparation and event support the day of event
- Assist with Donor recognition, acknowledging donors and managing donor files
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to coordinate the distribution of marketing and organizational correspondence
- Answer calls in the Program Coordinator’s absence
- Assist with purchasing refreshments and supplies for meetings and programs
- Order supplies / maintain adequate office supplies and other supplies as needed
- Maintain efficient and effective filing system, including computer files
- Supporting online social media engagement
- Support with data management on Mailchimp
- Perform other administrative duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ related experience
- Completion of a degree/diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent
- You have demonstrated computer and IT aptitude, including Microsoft Word, Excel and G-Suite
- You have demonstrated administrative skills
- Tech savvy and proficient in word processing, databases, email, blogging and social media with knowledge of: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks within a reasonable time frame and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to handle interruptions and perform multiple tasks as delegated with the flexibility to easily accept changing priorities.
- Able to follow established procedures and to use initiative and judgment as required.
- Ability to handle personal and confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and comfort interacting with Individuals with a disability.
- Must provide a clear Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Please submit your resume and cover letter responding to the following question: Why is it important to you to support young people who are blind or partially sighted?
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.