Program & Volunteer Coordinator
Position Title: Program & Volunteer Coordinator
Salary Range: $37,500 – $41,000 depending on experience (Full time 35 hours per week)
Start Date: mid-August, 2020
Location: Office is based in New Westminster, currently a combination of in office and working from home, with some travel required to various locations in BC in the future (Covid-19 dependent)
Note: Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends to meet program requirements.
Closing date: June 29th, 2020
To assist the Executive Director with the creation, planning, coordination and implementation of Blind Beginnings programs for children, youth, and families. To assist with program evaluation, impact, and reporting. To engage and coordinator volunteers for the various programs. There is a strong administrative component to this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a range of programs both online and in-person.
- Coordinate Program Assistants elsewhere in the Province.
- Work alongside the Executive Director to deliver content for workshops.
- Work with community partners and volunteers to plan and implement programs.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to prepare promotional and informational materials to promote programs and events to members, volunteers, and community partners through email, website, and social media.
- Manage Volunteers – recruit, train, and schedule, supervise and track participation.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to develop and distribute communications via MailChimp & WordPress platforms.
- Process program and camp registrations.
- Process memberships and maintain our membership database.
- Complete program summary reports after each event.
- Take photos at events and assist with creating content to share stories of our impact for our funders, website, and social media.
- Respond to calls and emails regarding programs and events.
- Prepare program reports for board meetings and reporting to funders.
- Create surveys and other feedback forms to evaluate programs and workshops.
- Purchase refreshments and supplies for meetings and programs.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Community Social Services, Child and Youth Care, Recreation or other relevant human services field – an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years of experience coordinating programs.
- Experience with Program evaluation and measuring impact (preferred).
- Tech savvy and proficient in word processing, databases, email, and social media with knowledge of: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both written and verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including active listening, group facilitation, one-to-one support, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks within a reasonable time frame and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to handle interruptions and perform multiple tasks as delegated with the flexibility to easily accept changing priorities.
- Able to follow established procedures and to use initiative and judgment as required.
- Ability to handle personal and confidential information and situations confidentially and with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and comfort interacting with Individuals with a disability.
- May be required to either possess or be willing to get an Emergency First Aid Certificate.
- Must provide a clear Criminal Record Check – Vulnerable Sector.
Please send applications to: email@example.com
Please submit your resume and cover letter responding to the following question: Why is it important to you to support young people who are blind or partially sighted?
We thank all applicants for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.