Blind Beginnings research specialist
Position Title: Research Specialist
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time Contract
Since 2008, Blind Beginnings Society has envisioned a world where seeing things differently inspires limitless potential for children and youth in BC who are blind or partially sighted. Through educational and experiential workshops, pre-employment training, summer camps, recreational activities and individualized counselling, Blind Beginnings offers these youth opportunities to develop skills, confidence and independence.
Our dream for the future is to have a Blind Beginnings house. This would be a place for our youth and families to access programs, learn skills, attend support groups, receive counselling and connect with one another. Our administrative offices would also operate out of this space.
We are seeking an individual who can help us determine the feasibility of this dream.
We see this as a research project that would take up to 150 hours over a 6-week period and we have secured funding for this research.
We would set deliverables and a timeline, and would expect a weekly written update on progress and a formal written research report and recommendation upon completion.
The research specialist responsibilities are primarily related to research, analyzing data, report writing and client deliverables. The position requires an analytical and detail-oriented person who can summarize and present information in a straightforward manner.
- Evaluating our list of potential locations for suitability
- Determining a space suitable for our identified priorities
- Researching options for securing a Lower Mainland City owned space
- Addressing questions identified by the committee
- Researching zoning options for not-for-profits working from neighbourhood homes
- Connecting with organizations such as The Vancouver Foundation and The Vancity Community Foundation to see how they may support us
- Making strategic recommendations
- Attending and actively participating in meetings with the Blind Beginnings House Committee
- 1-4 years of market research or related experience
- Excellent written communication skills;
- A well-developed sense of analytical thinking and an ability to summarize
- Knowledge of the Lower Mainland
- An understanding of real estate in the Lower Mainland
- Report writing experience
- Experience working with the not-for-profit sector
Apply to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.