Thank you for your interest in Blind Beginnings. Volunteers are essential for us to help BC’s children who are blind or partially sighted reach their full potential.
Blind Beginnings Fundraising & Event Planning Volunteer
We are currently seeking 2-3 individuals who are interested in joining our Fundraising/Events Planning Committee. This Committee organizes a variety of FUNdraising Events such as our annual Gala and Trivia Night.
We are looking for candidates who enjoy teamwork and are excited to plan and execute social events,
and have a desire to support young people in BC who are blind or partially sighted.
- Attend monthly evening meetings
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive, caring, and respectful approach engaging with others
- Assist with event on event day and/or attend events as needed
The time commitment is approximately 2-3 hours per month with an additional 2-3 hours of time on
Previous experience working with persons who are blind is not required. Optional training will be
provided for those who are interested.
Please apply with a letter highlighting your interest and experience to: email@example.com
Two Steps to Volunteer
- All volunteers interested in working in any of the roles that involve interacting with our members must complete a criminal record check. Only communications, fundraising, and Board member volunteers do not require a criminal record check. Please download our Volunteer Criminal Record Letter to take to your local police station. Be sure to take photo ID with your form. If there is a cost for the criminal record check, save your receipt and Blind Beginnings will reimburse you.
- Complete our online Volunteer Application below, then click the Submit button.